Next week, over 13,000 professionals in the beer industry will be united for the Brewers Association’s Craft Brewers Conference (CBC). The conference is held from April 8-11 in Denver, Colorado. Additionally, about 1,000 exhibitors will be at BrewExpo America and over 55 events will take place around the Denver area to celebrate craft beer.
“We’ve got a roster of smart, engaging speakers across 96 seminars who are eager to share what they’ve learned along the way, anchored by our keynote speaker Bruce Dickinson, lead singer of Iron Maiden and brewmaster,” Ann Obenchain, marketing director at the Brewers Association, said.
Some of the seminars new this year include:
- “Brewery Social Media Plan” with Kristen Wood (Odell Brewing Co.), Todd DiMatteo (Good Word Brewing) and Michelle Taylor (Funkwerks)
- “Legal and Government Affairs Update” with Brewers Association counsel Marc Sorini
- “Girl Bosses, Business and Beer” with Sarah Frey, Frey Farms Founder & Kim Jordan, New Belgium Brewing Co-Founder and Executive Chair
- “Tap Yourself: Making Your Story Bigger than Beer” with Cody Keenan, Former Director of Speechwriting for President Obama
- “Crafting an Intersection: Cannabis, Beer and Cannabeers” with Jessica Lukas, BDS Analytics Vice President of Consumer Insights
- “Against the (Traditional) Grain: Gluten-Free Beer” with Karen Hertz, Holidaily Brewing Company Chief Brewista and Founder; Twila Soles, Grouse Malt House Head Maltstress and Founder; Michelle Colgrave, CSIRO Lead Scientist; Doug Foster, Aurochs Brewing Company Founder/Owner and Head of Operations; & Connor Reeves, Holidaily Brewing Company Brewer